At the same time as the first bridge was built, Southern
Pacific built a spur line from the main Sacramento -
Placerville railroad which ran along Folsom Blvd. to the
city of Folsom. The train station was near the south end
of the bridge where the auto wrecking yard is. The road extended
on pilings all the way from the bridge to the train station.
Passenger traffic was discontinued during
the 1920ís and the station mainly served the rock
crushing plant. The station was torn down in the mid
1950's with the parkway development.