The Parks Department building to the south of the Quonset Hut Theater was
built on the site of the Robinson Buffum Building, a center of activity
for the Fair Oaks Village in the early 1900's. The original building,
built about 1902, was where the stage left on schedule for either the Fair
Oaks train station or downtown Sacramento. It also housed the telephone
exchange, George Robinsonís Realty, the Water Company and the Stage office.
When businesses failed during the Depression, it housed a beauty
parlor with a residence in the rear. The building was torn down
in 1970 to make room for the amphitheater.
Proceed west to the corner of Park Drive and Fair Oaks Blvd. On the
north east corner is a small block building currently housing an
antique and collectables store.