The east side of this building started out as the Hamilton
House about 1900. It was a private residence until it became
doctor Applegate's office and later on apartments. In about 1965
the frontage was added on and it became the popular Town House
restaurant and bar.
That lasted until about 1990 when it abruptly closed, probably due
to the expense of bringing it up to code. The restaurant and bar
remain closed, but there are apartments in the old building.
Next, head north on Fair Oaks Blvd to the triangle where the Founder's
Monument is located. Be careful crossing the street to the monument.